Does your company consist of different departments? Would you like to keep them separated to a certain extent? Or perhaps you own two companies, but you'd still like to see everything in one glimpse of an eye. Then the option to create different departments in Teamleader could help you out! Read on to find out how to create departments and what it means to have several departments in Teamleader.
1. Create another department
- To create a new department, simply go to Settings > Company Info > Departments > +. The following screen allows you to fill in all the company information as you did for the first department.
- As you can see, you can fill in a different name, a different VAT number, address, etc. You can also add different payment information and a different invoicing email.
- Once you've filled in all relevant data for your second department, simply click "Save" to confirm.
2. Differences between departments
Company info: Setting up a department is just the first step. When you go to Settings > Company info > pencil next to the new department, you'll have the option to upload general terms and conditions, or a logo specific to this new department.
Document layout: You also have the possibility to create different layouts for quotations, invoices, etc. for this new department. Simply go to Settings > Document layout. You will then see a dropdown menu with the different departments. Choose the one you just created, and start setting up your document layout for quotations, invoices, etc.
- Note that this layout will be selected automatically when you create an invoice for this department.
- For quotations, you'll have to choose the department and the corresponding layout manually.
Email signature: Under Settings > Email layout, you'll have the option to set a general email signature for each department. Note that the signature you set here is not a personal signature, but a general one for the entire account, i.e. for all emails sent in the name of one department.
Email templates for invoices: If you go to Settings > Invoices, you'll have the option to create email templates for sending invoices per department. This is especially important if you choose to send out automatic reminders.
Invoice- and credit note numbering: The numbering of invoices and credit notes depends on the department. When you create an invoice, you first need to select a department. The default department is always the first one created.
When you create the first invoice or the first credit note for a new department, you need to fill in a start number and the following invoices or credit note numbers will increment based on the start number.
Insights: Under Stats you can see the pipeline, etc. always based on the different departments. In order to change the view, you just click the arrow on top and choose the right department.
Note: You cannot assign co-workers to a department. It is also not possible to restrict the access to the CRM, Deals, Invoices, etc. based on departments. In case you grant one colleague access to invoices, he/she will see all invoices of all departments.