A lot of companies prefer to charge to their customers in advance. Luckily, Teamleader makes it easy for you. There are three ways to create advance invoices:
- Via Deals
- Via the Project module
Case: a customer buys a product or service of € 10.000 VAT excluded. You agree with your customer that he will pay a 50% advance on signing the quotation.
- Create an invoice of € 5.000 VAT excluded and send it to your customer.
- Now you have two options for your final invoice
- Create an invoice of € 5.000 VAT excluded without any mention of the advance invoice. You are not obligated to mention the previously made invoice.
- We invoice the total amount and add a negative line mentioning the advance invoice. The amount needs to be - € 5.000. Teamleader will then subtract this amount from the total amount VAT excluded
- Navigate to “Deals” and choose a deal
- After we have created a quotation and it has been accepted by our customer, we choose “Create invoice” below “Actions”
- Choose to create an “Advance invoice” first
- Now you get the option to invoice the amount based on a percentage or a fixed amount. In this example we choose for a fixed amount of € 5.000
- Click “Save”
- After finishing our job, we go back to our original quotation and choose to invoice again. Teamleader will automatically show us our quotation items and the previously invoiced amount as well.
Via the Project module
- Navigate to “Projects” and choose a project
- Click on the “+” symbol next to “Invoices”
- Choose “Create myself” as “Type”
- Click “Go”
- Add an amount of € 5.000 with the mention of “Advance invoice”
6. When finally invoicing the total amount based on your milestones, you can subtract all of the previously created invoices as well